Friday, April 29, 2011

Long time, no see:)

Well, plenty has happened since my last post.

-My freshman year of college ended, with a not so fun natural disaster.
-I'm three episodes away from the finale of Lost!
-I had to leave Tuscaloosa early, and am back in Mobile, free from final exams.
-I started working on the May issue of the magazine:D
-Tyler turned 18!
-The last three showings of Godspell were cancelled, along with finals and the rest of school:(
-Tyler's mom had surgery. She's doing well:)
-I'm going to start looking for a car this weekend!
-And with all this, I'm officially a Sophomore!

As for the natural disaster part, I'm sure you've heard of the record breaking tornado on Wednesday. Well it started in Tuscaloosa, where I go to school. Before it left it was a mile wide and had destroyed half our city, leaving hundreds dead. It didn't stop until North Carolina. None of the campus was affected, thankfully, but lots of students live off campus in those areas. We didn't have power for two days and the water supply for the city is contaminated still. My dad spent eight hours driving yesterday to come and get me after we found out finals were cancelled and I had no reason to stay in a "disaster area." I did miss Obama coming to the rubble, but I guess it's not too bad that I left. I have internet, hot water, electricity... which is more than I can say for all the people that are still in Tuscaloosa. I think power has been restored to parts of campus by now, but the rest of the city is still pretty much hell.

On a happier note, I'm so glad that I'm almost done with Lost! I'm sad I'll be out of episodes to watch but I'm glad to finally know what the hell is going on!!!

It feels weird being in Mobile right now. I wasn't supposed to be back until next weekend, everything happened so fast after the tornado. I also feel like I should be going back soon, even though I know I won't be back until the fall. Like I shouldn't unpack... like I don't live here for more than Spring Break incriminates of time... IDK. It just feels sad to be away from Tuscaloosa for three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment